Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday, July 19, 2014 "Anarchy, Tutoring, Unturned."

Saturday, July 19, 2014
Week: Summer
Songs to Remember: Shotgun - Yellow Claw

        I uh, kinda forgot to write something for yesterday 'cause a lot of shenanigans were happening yesterday (in my opinion). In all honesty, I was caught up playing "Unturned"with like 4 other people late at night,

        So, this'll be mainly me talking 'bout what happened yesterday. So I set my alarm (and by alarm, I mean the timer app on my 6th gen iPod nano with the volume cranked up on max with the earphones close to my face) to like 8:00 AM, 'cause I wanted to watch The Purge: Anarchy as early as possible. Mainly because of how I'll be tutoring kids from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.

        Well I didn't wake up from my alarm, but luckily I woke up at like 8:30 AM, so that was aight. I then went on the internets for about 45 minutes and I asked my mom if she could drive me to the theaters.

        So, the movie I wanted to see (and I mean really see), was rated r. Uhh, I didn't know if my local movie theater let underage R rated moviegoers slide, like I don't know if they cared about letting a 15 year old (15 and a half to be exact) to get into an R rated movie or not. I always thought it was only in the movies, where the rating on movie actually mattered, heh. But it was actually f***ing true.

        I told my to come with me to the ticket place as people like me need an adult to go see the movie. As in, she'll be with me when I get my ticket, but not watch the movie. The ticket person was like "Yeah, um, you can't watch the movie unless a parent or someone older accompanies you in the movie" or something like that. And I was like "...Really?" Like, I thought you just needed a parent to confirm in letting their kid watch it.

        The ticket person then asked my mom "Do you know about the movie? Violence... gross?" And I was just thinking "What? The Purge was not gross, if you mean by footage instead of quality, hehe. I mean it's not like there are nude scenes or a movie like "Sextape". Anyways, the ticket person got the manager out and the manager was like "Sure, he could watch the movie" and I was just like "Oh thank you kind human". I got my ticket and uh, got in.

        Since it was an R rated movie, I was sitting there watching movie previews and commercials for like 10 minutes and I'm just like "Please no horror movie previews, please no horror movie previews. Aaand wadya know, they showed previews for "Oujia" and "As Above, So Below". Also they showed a preview for this one movie "Into the Storm" and I was like "What? Is this supposed to be like Storm Chasers the movie or something?"

        So i watched The Purge: Anarchy and (don't worry no spoilers) the part where the masked dudes were getting ready to chase, I got chills. I was so hyped up for the masked dudes in the movie, but it turned out to be a bit disappointing. Not the movie, but the masked dude characters.

        I did watch The Purge (the first one), and at that time I never really heard of any reviews or was into the movies at all. But then one day I got into it and now I like the soon-to-be franchise. So for my review of The Purge: Anarchy, uhh, it was okay. It should have been what the first movie was in my opinion. At first I thought it was going to be like a "Trick 'r' treat" movie, where there's 3 different scenarios going on at a time, and then they'd all meet up.

        And it was, just a bit. But they didn't focus much on the scenarios, 'cause like, they're all in a group. And the government was more involved than the masked dudes and I was like "Really?" Like, come on. You know what? There needs to be a Purge movie where it focuses on the bad guys as the main characters, in the scnario of "What if you were Purging?" like the masked dudes.

        So all in all, I give The Purge Anarchy a 6/10, with The Purge being a 5/10in regards to that. James Demonaco made the scenarios like, okay. Also the ending was a bit cool, but a bit disappointing at the same time. So yeah. I'm probably going to go watch The Purge 3 next year, that is if this one is successful in sales.

        Oh and I almost forgot- at the end of the movie, about 10 seconds into the credits, my mom called me asking if I was ready to go yet. What was crazy was that she called at that time, right when the movie ended. What a weird coincidence.

        After the movie, my mom drove me home and I relaxed for a bit until I had to go to the library and do my usual stuff like tutor. It was okay, not as much fun as like, the 2nd time there, but still aight. Then I went home, aaand, got invited by my friends to play "Unturned" with them. Flipping cars over and over had never been more entertaining.

        So yeah, that was my Friday. I'll see you tomorrow 'cause I got to flip some cars in "Unturned". So, see you tomorrow, and happy Purging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say whatever you want.