Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday, February 20, 2014
Week 27
Songs to Remember: Waking Dreams (Hellberg Remix) - TwoThirds

       So get this: I often mistake (or should I say, take) Facenovel for a social popularity game. I didn't really notice this until yesterday, when this dude at my school (who is in advanced classes, a freshman, and is Indian, I'll get to why I specify that) posted on Facenovel a video of himself parodying (parodying? That's a word? That's a verb too?) the song "Royals" by Lorde (whom I was confused on which was the song name and which was the artist name). Now because of the amount of parentheses, I'll just summarize it for ya: this dude at my school posted a video on Facenovel of himself parodying the song "Royals" by Lorde by changing the lyrics to Indian stereotypes.

        I think that's my longest intro paragraph I've written so far. Anyways, it received over 100 likes (and in my social environment of everyone at my school and me, that's a lot of likes). The only way anyone at my school could get that amount of likes is by posting a relationship photo or maybe a "cool" or "kawaii" selfie. This video that this guy posted made me think for a few minutes that Facenovel is just a big online popularity game.

        With this, I was almost thinking of posting the song I sang onto Facenovel, but luckily I came to my sense in realizing that Facenovel isn't a popularity game. Everyone is going to forget about the video sooner or later when winter break is over. They'll maybe talk about it every now and then, but it won't affect anything else after the day it was posted. It's basically 15 minutes of online fame.

        Now here's another story, just for you. Back in 7th grade in my "Social Studies" class (why not just call it History? Because I'm going to be called ignorant if I ask that again), I was sitting next to my 7th grade crush. It was during a lecture (I think) when I saw that she dropped her pencil and she didn't notice it. She was probably too into the lesson, or bored out of her mind. I went into Gentleman mode, and picked up her pencil and put it onto her desk. She said "Oh, thanks." and that was 10 points for Gryffindor, and by Gryffindor, I mean me. And that is what you should do, pick up a girl's dropped items and you will win, guaranteed.

        Now I'm just praying for a cute girl to "accidently" drop her books, only for me to help her pick them up and engage into a cliche "look into eachother's eyes" act. Hey, a guy can dream can't he? Anyways, see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say whatever you want.