Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday, February 21, 2014
Week 27
Songs to Remember: Worry About Yourself First - M.I.B

       There's no other way around it, can't take you by the hand. You know it's wrong, but's that's the song, so don't be on with her- I mean Facenovel. Seriously, don't be on Facenovel. Oh and those were the lyrics to Miami Horror's "Don't Be On With Her" for your information.

        So I read up online (or really just looked at a picture) from didyouknow's blog on how Facenovel (Facebook) worsens people's moods. Now, I trust a lot of things on the internet, as long as they lead to a scientific article. "Studies" have shown that people who use Facenovel feel more lonely and such. Why? I don't know, but at least now I have an excuse whenever people ask me that. "Hey, why are so quiet all the time? Shouldn't you go hang out with friends and get some fresh air?" "Facenovel... Facenovel, that's why."

        I'll include the link to the article because it's actually intriguing for once. And also, I found this quote in the article that was pretty deep. This dude, Toma, said "Instead of doing a person-to-person profile, you're comparing a profile and a person," Wow, now that was deep.

        I completely forgot what story I was supposed to tell today. I really like stories, hearing them, and telling them. I now remember what story I was gonna tell. So last night I dreamed that I was like on a pier, you know, the ship piers. Anyways, I saw my elementary school friend there and I was like "Oh Hi Cy." She went into the girl's restroom with her friend and never came out. I was frequently checking on Facenovel to see if she replied and I was checking on this bootleg computer that was conveniently placed near the restroom. And that right there was my dream.

        I felt really sad when I woke up. I was sad that she did not "remember" me. I mean, she knows who I am, but that I was like a lamp, just sitting there. Anyways, that was my dream, and here's the link to that Facenovel Mood research article: Click this blue text to go to the article, if you haven't noticed that this text is blue for a reason

        Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow, and remember, Facenovel is not a person-to-person thing, it's a person to profile thing. Yeah, I kinda get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say whatever you want.