Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday, February 9, 2014
Week 25
Songs to Remember: Wake Up - Acid Girls

        My cold's gotten about 25% better, I think. So this week is going to be an exciting week for everyone, except for me that is. Why? Well it's going to be Valentine's Day this Friday. And you know what that means? Yes, that's right, it's the perfect day to ask people out because: one, if they say yes then it's all good. And two, if they say no, then you have the weekend to cry over it. Also, after Valentine's Day is my February break I think so that means more time for me to waste at home playing video games.

        Now there's a lot to talk about Valentine's day, but not much of it has to do with. My past Valentine's days were pretty ... OK. I mean, nothing really happened. In elementary school, my classmates passed out cards and candy to everyone (and I mean everyone). In middle school, I was pretty oblivious during Valentine's Day. I don't even remember much of what happened, mostly nothing. So instead, I'd like to talk about music instead and by that I mean be all egotistical about what I like and assimilate anyone reading this to listen to my favorite music. So let's get started: I really enjoy EDM, House, Dubstep, Electronic (everything listed before is probably labled as electronic), K-Pop, and Indie and Alternative music. I think the first time I listened to EDM music was when I listened to a deadmau5 video on YouTube. I didn't really know who he was (example would be me calling him deadmau five back then) his songs were kind of weird to me. The only song I really liked was Ghosts'n'Stuff. Later on, back in about 2008, my older cousin showed me K-Pop, with the first K-Pop song I listened to being "Gee" by SNSD.

        I liked it a lot, mostly due to the catchy-ness of the song and because it was pretty interesting. I started searching up other K-Pop groups like Big Bang, 2NE1, 2PM, and Rain. Later in 2010 or 2011 I believe, I saw some videos my cousin liked on YouTube. They were videos of what appeared to be a dinosaur with the title "Reptile" by Skrillex. I didn't really listen to Skrillex until about 2012. It took my a while, but eventually I got used to dubstep. Now for Indie and Alternative; so I was watching the US remake of "Skins" (bad remake, I know), but I really like the soundtrack. In episode 10, I really liked this song and went to look it up. The song was "Deserve" by Aquadrop; and in the related video section, there were tons of other songs with really cool thumbnails and unique artist names and titles.

        I eventually ended up in "YouTube Narnia" where some people refer that to when your watching videos and the related videos section is full of some pretty nice songs (not counting the mainstream ones). So yeah, that's how I came to listening to what I do today. To this day, I have yet to find a girl who likes both Electronic, K-Pop, and Indie music. I'm not surprised. Anyways, I still haven't done my homework yet; See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say whatever you want.